- What to do if OptiLayer is frozen immediately after starting?
The most likely, you have a problem with USB bus controller at your computer. It may suspend communications with the hardware key in some quite rare cases. For example, we had issues with USB3 controllers at some modern computers. If it is your case, it is quite easy to fix: just try other USB ports! It is better to use not USB3, but classical USB2 ports. In cases if your computer has only USB3 connections, you can use any cheap USB hub that will automatically downgrade USB3 to USB2.
Please, try the following:
1) If you are using USB3 port for the dongle, try to switch to USB2. If you do not have USB2 port at your computer, you can use any non-expensive USB2 hub attached to USB3 port.
2) In some cases the installation of latest USB3 drivers from the USB3 controller manufacturer helped.
3) It is also worthwhile to install all Windows updates at your computer, since OptiLayer programs use the standard Windows HID-interface to communicate with the dongle.
4) If above steps do not help, we can reprogram the key to a different mode, in which it will not rely on HID problematic interfaces. We can reprogram the key remotely.